You guys know by now, that I’m all about doing what’s best for my body. More and more these days, I’m learning about how different things affect our planet. I’ve started using reusable bags more often, but what about plastic we didn’t suspect?
Recently I learned from HealthPost and their ‘Good Ingredients Promise’ just how bad Plastic Microbeads really are. These tiny plastic particles that are frequently used in cosmetics for exfoliating, can be smaller than 5mm, and in one product alone there can be over 100,000 tiny beads! These pass down our bathroom drains, and because they are unable to be filtered, unfortunately end up in the ocean. This becomes microscopic litter in our ocean that is impossible to remove. Because these micro-plastics aren’t biodegradable, they accumulate in the water and are often mistaken for food by sea animals and sea birds, posing a great threat to all marine life. Confronting, right?
Fortunately, there are many natural and eco-friendly alternatives you can use as part of your beauty routine that are healthier for you and the planet!
I have teamed up with HealthPost to bring you this super exciting giveaway to celebrate NZ following suit: banning plastic microbeads from shelves in June this year. But, it’s not just plastic microbeads that we should worry about… It’s other chemical ingredients too that can have potentially negative health consequences and can also cause damage to the environment.
So, we have an AMAZING range of natural skincare to give away – free from plastic microbeads AND free from nasties!
You could be in to receive:
Antipodes – Reincarnation Pure Facial Exfoliator
• Uses avocado and jojoba beads to lift away lifeless skin, leaving a fresh and glowing complexion.
Trilogy – Exfoliating Body Balm
• Ocean-safe, finely ground rosehip seeds, gently buffs and refines skin texture without compromising the skin’s natural barrier function.
Living Nature – Skin Revive Exfoliant
• Jojoba and Candelilla wax beads gently remove dead skin cells without harsh abrasive action.
Tailor Skincare – Polish
• natural, micro pumice granules and bentonite clay work to exfoliate and deeply cleanse the skin.
– Won Best Natural Face Product at this years Best In Beauty Awards.
Oxygen – 2 in 1 Cleanser – Woman & Teen
• Formulated with superfine pumice and bentonite beads, this 2 in 1 exfoliating cleanser helps to remove dirt and impurities.
Want to be in to win? Stay tuned to my Facebook and Instagram (@elorahh) for all of the details!
Head to HealthPost.co.nz for more tips and info on all things natural health and beauty.
Please note: This post was sponsored by HealthPost, but all opinions are my own.