In today’s busy world, taking time out for yourself is something we don’t do enough of! When it comes to losing weight, relaxing and minimising stress is essential.
After all, how can you expect your body to focus on letting go of weight and balancing itself out when it’s too busy feeling on edge or not given a proper chance to relax?
This week has been a stressful week for me; I woke up on Monday morning to find someone had crashed into my parked car (on a straight street – go figure!) during the night. Not only had I just got the car two weeks prior, but I found out a couple of days later that it is now entirely written off! Thankfully I have insurance and whoever did the damage managed to leave me their number, but it still lead to a lot of unnecessary stress!
Since I work full time, run The Shrinking Violet and also spend every waking minute working with the participants of 10WeekChallenge.co.nz, I don’t generally have a lot of time to spend on myself. This means when it comes to the weekend, it is essential for me to make ‘me-time’ a priority.
This morning I headed to the beach, with a can of Sequa Relaxation in tow and made myself comfortable. Sequa is a drink that has been created for the soul purpose of helping you relax; essentially the complete opposite of an energy drink. Usually I only ever drink water however after hearing about this drink I was definitely interested to give it a go. It has no nasties, no added sugar and contains nutrients that are used in the physiological response for stress reactions and relaxation. Because this drink contains natural fruit juices it does have 12g of carbs per serve, therefore it is definitely something I only have once in a blue moon – however I can vouch that it definitely helped me relax and clear my always busy mind! I was thoroughly impressed and well, definitely relaxed!
Below are some tips so that you can work on relaxing yourself too!
- Sleep: Sleep is so important for your body and the best gift you can give yourself. Forget supplements – this one is free and does a better job at ensuring your path to wellness is on the right track.
- Me-Time: Having time alone with yourself is a great way to relax; no need to concentrate on anyone around you but yourself. So take a walk, read a book or have a long hot bath; you should feel calmer than ever!
- Yoga and Meditation: Both of these practices are widely accepted as a way to clear your mind; not only are they good for your physical being but they also are fantastic for your mental and emotional being.
- Do something you love! Happiness spreads the feeling of positivity through your body and by doing something you love, I should hope that makes you happy! A great way to create peace inside.
- Grab a can of Sequa and head to the beach! Self explanatory; I feel great!
Creating a better work-life balance is something we could all afford to do. It’s easier said than done but is essential for your quality of life. Make sure to take the time to relax so you can continue your path to good health.