After leaving Perth last year, I definitely didn’t anticipate being back so soon. However, a surprise last minute trip meant that I was lucky enough to be winging my way back to Western Australia; one of the most beautiful and exciting places.
Along with it’s beautiful beaches and spectacular sunrises, Perth is home to some of the most incredible cafes, restaurants and foodie havens I have had the pleasure of experiencing. I decided to diary my meals I ate during my time there, so that I could share my favourite foodie spots with you guys!
- Beaufort Local – Smoked Salmon on Potato Hash with Creme Fraiche
- Fremantle Markets – CocoWhip (GF/DF/RSF Soft Serve)
- Tropico North Beach – Paleo Bowl
- Endeavour Tavern Lancelin – Grilled Fish and Salad
- Leederville IGA – Snacks: Fresh Frontier Paleo Sweet Potato Salad, The Sugarless Bakery Cupcake & Remedy Kombucha
Side note – Leederville IGA is a must visit every time I go to Perth. I used to buy these three items regularly, and I still dream of them all time. SO GOOD!
- el Publico – Chiccarons, Corn Chips, Salsa and Guacamole & Mixed Grill Meats (served with pickled veg and corn tortilla)
Side note – I ordered this via UberEats one night (I’m so glad we don’t yet have this in Christchurch, I’d be the size of a house), but their restaurant is just as incredible and almost everything on the menu is gluten free.
- tbsp Bayswater – Slow Cooked Brisket Eggs Benedict
- NOOD – Chicken Satay on Cauli Rice and a Paleo Brownie
- Hurricanes Grill – Mixed Rib Platter (enough for 2!)
- Petition Kitchen – Slab Bacon, Mushrooms & Slow Cooked Eggs
- Grill’d – Lamb Burger on a Low Carb Bun with Zucchini Fries
- Heirloom by Pete Evans – Seafood Paella, Sweet Potato Fries & Lemon Cheesecake (ALL paleo!)
Side note – The sweet potato fries are a MUST order. I always leave Heirloom ridiculously full because I manage to eat so much. I would recommend the Macadamia Crusted Chicken Schnitzel over the Cauliflower Seafood Paella.
- May Street Larder – Brisket Breakfast Hash
- Little Lebanon – Mixed Grill Platter (No bread, no rice/chips – just salad!)
There were plenty of my old haunts that I missed; Side Door BBQ, Phi Yen and Raw Kitchen to name a few, but I’m sure I’ll be back to Perth one day!
I hope you enjoy my recommendations!